If we have to define Peru in just one word it will be Megadiversity. Megadiverse culturally, starting with the Chavins, Mochics, Chimus, Chachapollas, Paracas, Nazcas, Waris, to the Incas, with more than 100 different ethnic groups in the Peruvian Amazon, migrations such as Africans, Chinese, Japanese, Italians, Spaniards, migrants from the Middle-East among others.
Its gastronomy, considered one of the best in the world, is just the result of this Mega diversity. Mega diversity in ecosystems with 84 of the 117 live zone known in the world, 28 of the 34 different types of climates, and a very diverse geography from the Costa, the Andes and the Jungle, creating an amazing country for sports and adventure.
The Cordillera Blanca is the highest snowy mountain range in the tropics, with 50 picks over 6000 meters of altitude. The Peruvian Andes have 1769 glaciers, they have more than 1200 highland lakes, and the three deepest canyons in the world. Peru also holds 13% of all tropical forest in the world, 25000 known species of plants, 10% of all plants in the world, 4400 native plants used by people. The amount of arachnids is proportional to the amount of plants, that's why we have half of the species of arachnids found in the neo tropics.
Peru is the biggest genetic center, where 40% of the food consumed by men was domesticated, 3000 varieties of potatoes, 650 types of fruit, 3500 different orchids, including the biggest one, 3532 species of butterflies. We are the third country in the world in mammals with 462 of them, as well as amphibians with its 333 species. We also hold the second biggest number of primates with 34 species; in our Andes we have four types of South American camels and 298 species of reptiles. In our rivers there are 2000 different types of fish, 32 different cetaceans in our ocean, as well as 400 different shell fish and the biggest population of marine birds on our coast and islands. There are 1834 different species of birds, 125 of them endemic to Peru. Not to mention our historic legacy, Machu Picchu, Choquequirau, the Imperial city of Cusco, the enigmatic Nazca lines, Kuelap fortress and many other wonderful places.
All of these together with their kind of people make of Peru a paradise you must visit.
Enjoy Peru like locals!
The Best Anyone Could Offer
- Titicaca is the largest lake in South America and the highest navigable lake in the world.
- The Machu Picchu archaeological complex is one of the new 7 wonders of the world.
- 84 of the 117 different ecological life zones recognized in the world. (71.8% of the world)
- 28 of the 32 types of climates that exist in the world. (87.5%)
- 13% of the tropical forest of the world. (2nd in the world)
- 2500 species of plants. (10% of all those that exist in the world)
- 3500 types of orchids ( 10% of the whole word)
- 3532 species of butterflies (n1 in the world) 350 are endemics.
- The biggest population of sea birds in the planet.
- The deepest canyons in the world: Apurimac, Cotahuasi and Colca.
- The second greatest diversity of bird species in the world with 1,834 bird species,
being 125 of them endemic.
- The Sandia Valley in Puno has recently been awarded for growing the best organic coffee
in the world.
- The longest wave in the world is found in Chicama in northern Perú.
- The Amazon River is born in Peru and it’s the largest and mightiest river in the world.
- The most luxurious, rich and splendid antique tomb of Sipán Lord are compared by
the experts to the tomb of Tutankamon in Egypt.
- Caral is the oldest centre of civilization in the Americas, it’s almost 5000 years old,
it’s also the most ancient compared to Sumerian towns in Mesopotamia.
- Peruvian cuisine: great variety of typical dishes and endless number of techniques,
stems mainly from the combination of traditional native Peruvian ingredients, with later
influences from the cuisines of different well-recognized countries in the world.
- Cahuachi in Nazca and Chan chan in Trujillo are the most Antique mud cities.
- We grow more than 3000 types of potatoes.
Characteristics of Our Service
- All Peruvian great natural and cultural diversities will be shown in our destinations.
- We carry a reliable, personalized and professional service.
- 24/7 availability service.
- Well-experienced staff in the tourism area.
- Open communication about the philosophy of our company among all the members of the services chain management. (Destinations, local operators, tourist guides, community, sales channels).
- The philosophy of our company is to be updated, constant training in first aid techniques, natural observation and leading groups.
Why One earth Peru?
We can give you the experience and the knowledge that only those born in this land, involved and motivated by the sustainable development of our people, ecological conscience, and respect for nature and our traditions, can give you. That plus our personalized attention, safe performance and years experience are some of the reasons that give you an unforgettable experience.
One Earth Peru, the Peruvian tour operator who brings our world to you, from what we consider is the most important aspect of Peru: its Mega Diversity (Culture and Natural Diversity). Our trips are different because we always go through Protected Natural Areas, Natural Reserves, National Sanctuaries, Historic Sanctuaries, National Reserves, and Refuges of wildlife, Landscape Reserves, Communal Reserves, Protected Forests and other great natural adventures. We Peruvians are a mixture of many wonderful things.
One Earth Peru welcomes you!!!.